Re: [MV] 715 questions

From: Jon Schmidt (brute4c@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 11:51:27 PST

> First, I need a set of the specs for the 715, wheel
base, width etc, the standard GI spec sheet. I also
need wheel and tire sizes for the 715.

This info is all on this page:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats//7406/technical_specifications/
except the wheelbase which is 126 inches and the
wheels are 16 inch, 6.5 inches wide and have a 6 lug,
7 1/4 inch pattern with a 5 1/2 inch center hole.

> Can anyone tell me if there is a power take off
available for the transfer case of the 715 (I will be
useing a rear mounted engine so a rear power take off
could be used as a power in put.)

The stock M715 t-case has NO power take off provision,
the stock tranny has one on the drivers side. It is
possible to use a divorced NP202 or NP205 t-case in
these vehicles with a minimun of alterations. Some of
these have PTO provisions, I think all the NP 202 do
and some NP 205's. Don't bother with the Ford NP 205's
as they have the output for the front axle on the
drivers side and the axle needs it on the passenger
side.

> Also, how wide and long is the frame of the 715? A
strange question I know but the frame needs to fit (or
be made to fit) inside the hull of the car.

I will send the factory frame digram with the
measurements to you off list.
This is a neat project and good luck with it. If you
need some help with this, visit the link under my name
to go to The M715 Zone, a Yahoo! club. We have a
message board for posting questions and we have a lot
of members with experience into all sorts of
re-engineering projects. It's free....
Hope to see you there!!!

=====
Sincerely,