Jeep combat rims

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 18:48:54 PST

Found a set of 4 combat rims. I want to put them on a M38, sorry I hope to
have
a WW2 jeep some day and won't part with them. My question is will 7.00 fit
ok
on these rims. I remember an earlier discussion about the 7.00 being offered
as
some type of retrofit kit for a ww2 jeep (might have even been British), but
I have a poor
memory and only 34 years old too. Any knowledge of a M38 having combat
wheels
I'm sure it happened somewhere in the military.

can some one give me a estimate on the value of these. I have seen the new
remanufactured
one on ebay for $200 a piece that didn't get a bid. Last I heard was a guy
paying $200 for a set
and was very very happy to find them so cheap. Reason I am asking is these
wheels are on
one of my fathers old hay wagons. I think there is some more around because
my father in law
said he had a set on one of his wagons, I could also have. I haven't seen
the second set yet, but
I'm pretty sure he knows what I'm looking for. I'll have to do some more
digging around.

I also need some paint colors for ww2 ammo boxes and a couple helmets. Have
one Korean war
helmet that I need a color for too. Take some notes on the off subject
postings may save you some
bad feedback (not from me that is Arthur's job).

Mike in Iowa
mleaton@netins.net