Re: [MV] Hmmwv Speedometer

From: Jason E. Rose (m151a1@micron.net)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 09:34:18 PST

Garret,

Another interesting thing to note is that military compasses and some
watches also use a radium paint. I had a compass in the Air Force and there
were specific instructions to dispose of the compass if the glass was
cracked.
One question, though. Do the same principles apply to tritium? Seems as if
a few years ago there was a push by the military to switch to tritium for
some applications. I do not know if speedos were included, but tritium is
used for night sights on some handguns.

Jason