M38A1 - Light switch settings

From: Marks, Greg (gmarks@kpmg.com)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 07:54:49 PST

All,

On my M38A1 brake, the RIGHT brake & tail light don't illuminate when the
lower left light switch is in positions 2-4.

(For the sake of description, position 1 is the highest position, 4 being
the lowest position. I'm doing this from memory so bare with me.)

When I move the lower left light switch to its highest setting(#1), the "cat
eyes" on both sides illuminate.

Should I have right side tail light functions in the #2 position?

Is there a brake light function on the right side?

For normal driving, what positions do you run your light switches?

I had a spirited discussion with the local constable regarding tail lights
recently. I only dodged a ticket because he thought that my M38A1 was
pretty neat. He noted that I wouldn't get away with this twice.

Thanks for your help,

Greg
'53 M38A1

is unauthorized.