Re: RE: [MV] Knob Creek Event 2000

From: CVRFOX@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 11:25:46 PST

Not registering an armored vehicle for fears of dicovery and confiscation is
one of the most rediculous things I've heard for a long time. Talk about a
lunatic fringe. To even compare a multi-ton vehicle to a handgun is beyond
ridiculous. I've haven't seen and concealable hosters for Ferrets lately.

As for a convicted criminal who commited crimes of violence and displayed
lack of concern for public safety, I applaud law enforcement for confiscating
any armored vehicle he might have owned. How could any sane person equate
that to the BATF opposing ownership by law abiding citizens? And the example
you state was local law enforcement, not BATF, AND you don't even know if the
guy got it back.

Again, there is no evidence the agency has a policy against armored vehicles.
None. For any agent with a negative attitude about firearms or vehicles,
there are six who who are possitive. The "Impliments of War" (not Weapons Of
War) is being reviewed, not by BATF.

To quote Joe Friday, "Just the facts..."