Re: [MV] Need MV battery?-READ this.

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 21:37:41 PST

>MY JEEP IS 12 VOLT BUT I WANT TO PUT TWO BATTERIES FOR CRANKING POWER.
>
>I WOULD LIKE TO PUT TWO CABLES FROM THE SOURCE TO THE BOTH BATTERIES.
>
>HAVE YOU SEEN ANY LIKE THIS IN YOUR TRAVELS ???

Most every large truck with a frame mounted battery box runs two 12V
batteries in parrallel, unless it's set up for 24 starting in which case
they have a large (and expensive) special switch added. My Iveco 1-1/2 ton
straight truck runs the frame mounted box with two batteries right next to
each other connected in parrallel. My Toyota pickup (Diesel) has two
batteries (in parrallel) from the factory but they are one on each side of
fenders. You can have cables made up with two battery terminals, one at
the end and then another a foot (or whatever you want) further down the
cable, meaning that battery cable ends are made in single and double
versions (regarding the wire end that is).

As to a Mil vehicle, why not use the lead battery terminals that have a
second bolt for a cable with ring terminal. My M422 and M715 for example
use these ends anyway. In your case just connect the two in parrallel
instead of in series. I think Star electric has mass quantities of these.
Should work real well.

Good luck,

je