Civvy plates in Thailand - ha!

From: Gavin Broad (invest@portsmouth-mann.com)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 18:54:00 PST

Gentlemen,

Well, well, I must live in Hog Heaven then! Whilst I am required to
display a plate to the front and rear, I stencilled the numbers onto a
white background that I prepared on the rear bumprette of my Mutt and also
the army bumper at the front. I got my USMC bumper and reconditioned it
and have not bothered to put a plate on it, or even a stencil. The police
don't bother me much at all and I have never been stopped. One has to
appreciate that Thailand is a 3rd world, authoritarian, society with a
HMV Restoration Population of one - and that's me. The thinking process
is along the lines of: "Hmmm, nice military motor, therefore two
possibilities: a.. Who (powerful) does he know? b: He must be foreign
military/Embassy, Either way, don't mess with him.......just in case."

Who am I to remind them of my lowly Insurance Broker backround??

Works for me!
Cheers Gents.
Gavin