Re: [MV] Last Bailey Bridge?

From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 19:25:48 PST

A rare opportunity presents itself here in rural northern California. Last
year a truck carrying a backhoe ignored the weight limits on an elderly
bridge in our canyon and before he could get completely clear of it... the
whole thing let go. This was a rather sad end to this historic single lane
steel suspension bridge. The responsible party and his insured arranged for
a bailey bridge to replace it until highway funds were approved to put up a
permanent structure.

It would make an incredible shot with your historic mil-veh crossing it.
Gorgeous canyon, wild creek below. I'm going to do a photo shoot up there
next weekend. Springtime will be even better.

Location:
Butte Creek Canyon on Honey Run Road between Chico and Paradise.