Re: [MV] Jeep on bottom of ocean 57 years.

From: Mick O'Farrell (mick@trinity-design.ie)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 12:08:55 PST

I didn't see any replies to this thread with specific addresses so if
anyone's interested here y'go -

"President Coolidge" - Jeep inside No. 1 cargo hold:
http://www.aquamarine-santo.com/cooldive.htm

Article about scuba diving the "President Coolidge"
with another pic of a jeep, a trailer (I think) and a stack
of wheels, with what appears to be a steering wheel on top:

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~diving/articles/cool95.htm

Quote: "On the right at the back of the
hold there are seven jeeps stacked in twos. There is
one by itself the other six are stacked on top of each
other (at least now). The wheels are not on the jeeps,
they are stored inside the body."

Million Dollar Point - identify the vehicle!
http://www.aquamarine-santo.com/million.htm

Mick O'Farrell
(Ireland)
Miss J -- '43 GPW/mb
chassis s/n: 90216 (no letters, no stars)
engine s/n: GPW248622
MVT 9802