Re: [MV] License Plate Issues

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 19:14:24 PST

"Sean Bathrick" <Bathrick@imcchemicals.com> wrote:
> But the idea of a fold away license plate I read is probably the
> best. I remember a couple years back in one of the hotrod magazines,
> there was a device just for this. You wired it to the ignition or a
> remote switch, and when the vehicle was turned on or the switch was
> thrown, an electric motor/servo would lower the plate. When off, it
> would return back up out of view.

On a truck like the M35 (or my M109A3 shop van), one could probably
deploy the license plate with a small surplus pneumatic cylinder,
which pushes against a spring that tries to stow the plate. The plate
would automatically deploy after starting the engine, and you could
stow it at a show by dumping the air in the tanks (which might be a
good idea anyway, lest some curious kid open up the emergency brake
glad hand valve at the back and get an eyefull of dust and/or oil).
Ok, that's probably way too elaborate, but as long as we're throwing
around ideas... :-)

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/