Re: [MV] found field kitchens

From: jim gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 09:17:38 PST

Henry wrote:
>I found some field kitchen trailers at a surplus yard, and have a couple of
>questions:
>How much are they worth, I understand condition, so say "average".

      Hard to put a value on them as they are a speciality item. We bought
several from DRMO last year for about $1,500 each but it took four to make
two complete ones. A complete Kitchen trailer with all the stoves, burners,
cabinets, coolers, straps, screens, stairs and cooking gear will fetch
$4,500 and up. We use ours to feed everyone at the summer rally here in
Michigan.

>IS there anything to look for especially?

      Try to get one that has as much of the cooking equipment in it as
possible. The canvas awnings and screens are hard to find so try to get one
that has them.
           The tech. manuals and parts book list all the stuff that should
be in it. If you don't have the manuals, I have both for sale along with
the TM's on the stoves and FM's on cooking and field/garrison mess operations.

    Oh, and of course I have the "secret" army recipe for S.O.S.

           Jim Gilmore MVPA # 5843

Member Ist Michigan AOD Chapter MVPA
               Great Lakes Chapter MVPA
               Ohio Motor Pool Chapter MVPA