Re: [MV] GPW front axles

From: fv74@altavista.net
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 10:37:33 PST

Bob

They are interchangeable, but they have different shimming insructions per TM9-803. Tracta style axles are also available. I am not sure if the Spicer style is available. My MB has flanged bronze bushings in the spindles. I have also seen spindles with straight bushings. Some newer axles do not have the threaded ends and I believe these require the flanged bushings. Coincidentally, I am currently designing tooling to manufacture an end yoke to fit the model 25 axle.

Dave Fillman
45 MB