Re: [MV] Ruined Restoration Job - licence plates

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 14:20:50 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Maurizio Beretta <pierino@tin.it>
To: Military Vehicles List <mil-veh@uller.skylee.com>
Date: 12 January 2000 14:40
Subject: Re: [MV] Ruined Restoration Job - licence plates

AND, it will be probably granted lead fuel availability also when
completely banned from the market !

Don't bank on it !

Leaded fuel is already banned, the EEC required it to be unobtainable from 1 Jan
2000 although some 4% of total 1996 sales is permitted. This means the oil
companies won't bother to make any and if they do it will not appear at your
garage, I suspect a small tanker of leaded might appear at some prestigious
classic race car meetings but it will doubtless be expensive.

There are _tested_ and proven alternatives which I can check on for availability
in Italy if you want.

Richard
(Southampton UK)