bren / universal carrier

From: Robin Craig (therobincraig@home.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 22:25:16 PST

A couple of months ago while on our way to Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada,
we passed what looked to me like a Bren Carrier by the side of the
highway just north of Sault (pronounced soo) St Marie Ont. At the time,
with the whole famn damily in the charabanc, and coming only seconds
after the comment to the kids "we aint stopping so cross them legs if
you drink that can of pop" I couldnt stop!!

On the return trip I was unable to locate the unit as, we were in the
dark, in a rain storm and running hell for leather for the Sault and a
motel room.

>From what i remember it was on the right (east side) of the road less
than and hour north of the Sault at a store. The building was of log
construction but quite tall with a big car park in front, looked like a
tourist stop. I have been trying to get a buddy to go take a shufti at
it but he seems to be glued to his couch so it is over to the list if
any one has the inclination to go look.

It looked as if it had track and wheels and most of the upper, but at
100kph I could get much more than that!!

Perhaps if anyone goes to see it they can post more info back here

rgds

Robin Craig