Re: [MV] License Plate Issues...Warning!

From: Daniel Terp (dterp@tallcity.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 06:12:29 PST

Actually, I was responding to the guy who suggested pretending you
didn't have plate at all, with the idea that the cop can't give you a
ticket without them.

If you have the plates, the cop simply stands there and waits while
you bolt them on, then hands you a summons for not having them
properly attached.

If there's no place to attach them, then the hook comes out and the
previous scenario ensues.

I'm talking from personal experience here, I had a Mercedes once that
had original German license brackets, and I didn't want to drill holes
in the trunk or bumper, so I ordered conversion brackets from MB and
waited (3 months S.O. from Germany)

In the mean time I put the plate in the rear window. Sorry, not good
enough. About a week later I got pulled over. The Judge was satisfied
when I showed him the order for the brackets, but I still had to pay
the impound charges and wasted about a day total.