MVs for the movies

From: Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 03:21:39 PST

I think it isn't a smart idea to give a MV in 95% or better
showroom condition to a movie production.

This is not the kind of vehicle, they need there. They need
good runners, which look for 95% of the later spectators of
the movie like an MV. Vehicles in combat have never been in
showroom condition (if yes, not for long...)

Most of the vehicles in combat were more or less damaged. You can
see it, when you see real old footage. And note: Most of this
footage is censored, so they showed the best vehicles they had
at that time!

And my opinoin is, a MV is a vehicle, which means a "thing which
moves". It is nice to see a MV in perfect restoration, but that is
not the way they have looked like, when they left the factory or
when they were in action. A MV has to move in dirt and mud, so it
is a little bit strange, when there are MVs, whose owner becomes
hysteric, when there is some dust on the vehicle. He should collect
Merceds-Benz or Porsches...

Best regards from Germany
Andreas

1942 Kettenkrad with trailer