Re: [MV] MB .. M38 ?? Brake Upgrade

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 06:34:06 PST

>Yeah, I think from Four Wheeler Parts Wholesalers. Front and rear will set
you back
>about $600. I've been told the stuff is of Taiwan mfg. and is a little
rough. Much
>better to hunt for original stuff from older Jeeps, cheaper too (if you can
find it).

No No No, they are not from Taiwan. The 11" universal brake kits from Four
Wheel Parts Wholesalers are made in Canada (like most brake parts you get
from Napa now a days). I have bought 2 of these kits in the last 8 years
and they are of very good quality. You are correct on the price, it's just
under $600 total for the front and back kit. The front kit individually is
more than the back because it has brake hoses with it. Study the drums
however with the backing plate already bolted on. Seems to me that the new
drums always go ON the hub, not behind it, thus the drums are removable
without taking off the hubs. I definetely recommend these if you want
better brakes but don't want to butcher things up. As far as getting
replacement drums, shoes, and cylinders, I have forgoten off hand but there
is a certain year & model Jeep that you speciify at any auto parts store,
4WPS can tell you then when you order.

je