Papago 2000 Rally Report

From: Lisa (jeepcj8@home.com)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 12:17:55 PST

I HAD A BLAST ! !
The AMVCC did a great job of preparing and organizing the
event. There was no way you could drive by and NOT know
there was a Mil Veh show going on...they had huge
highway-type orange signs from every direction. The weather
was perfect and we had a large spectator turnout. I'd say
there was almost twice as many vehicles on display as last
year. Among the more unusual were: M422 Might Mite, M274
Mule (which David was gracious enough to let me drive!),
Ford GTB, M656 8x8, M3A1 scout car, M29? Weasels, M20
armored car, among a plethora of M37's, Jeeps, WCxx. Some
people had to leave on Sunday while others were able to show
up, so unless you went both days you missed stuff. The
parts selection was better than last year also. Don't mean
to omit anyone, there was so much...it was that good. Too
bad it's only once a year. This is only my 2nd show (San
Jose 1st), and I can't wait for Aberdeen!
Whew! Exciting!
Lisa