Re: [MV] Multifuel cold start?

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 06:27:59 PST

Good info Richard, as always,

>Its often customary to floor the accelerator thereby ensuring maximum injection
>and guaranteed pick up when any cylinder starts to fire.

Some people tell me that this isn't "proper", I say so what. This is how I
start all my Diesels, pedal to the floor until it starts to take off. Of
course there is a correlation between the age (in hours) of an engine and
the volume of clouds of white smoke that rolls out for the first minute or
so! Burning straight #1 (in the winter) in a smaller engine (2.4L) really
helps also, maybe you know more aobut this but I've heard you should burn
less and less #1 as the engine gets bigger, is that true?

All this aside, there just is no substitute for an engine block heater for
easy cold weather start ups.

je