Britsh Vehicle Markings - Div Signs

From: Tim Bell (tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 02:58:47 PST

Hi Everyone

Anyone out there good at British Army DIv Markings ?

My Bedford OY has the following sign on the passenger side wing:

Red Rectangle over Blue Rectangle

On the Red rectangle there is a Gold Lion
On the Blue Rectangle there is a Gold Crown

And on the driver's wing the following

White retangle over Blue Retangle over Yellow Rectangle.

On the inside of the drivers door the Date 1956 is stencilled along twith a
load of other information... so I would imagine the div markings are from
that date.

Many thanks for the assistance

Tim