Re: [MV] Fw: GPW/MB AC Fuel Pump - vapour lock.

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 06:18:42 PST

>Yes, I agree with John here. Many of our jeeps seem to have the glass AC
>bowl (I swapped my metal one for glass) and it certainly helps on these nice
>hot summer days we have.....

On a related note:

The glass bowl allowed me to fix another problem I was having. I kept
seeing bubbles comming in to the bowl right were the inlet fitting was.
After some time I eliminated the seal of the bowl as a problem. Then I did
the usual of putting in pieces of clear tubing to narrow down were the
bubbes are comming from. Got nowhere with that, seemed to be right at the
fitting into the pump. While at my local (sort of, 45min away) old jeep
parts place, I mentioned this perplexing problem. He said, before I
finished, that it was the fuel hose (the stock/original type). He said they
get pourious and will suck large amounts of air yet never leak fuel. So I
bought a new one and problem fixed instantly.

je