MVPA election, politics, dictatorship, democracy

From: Lars-Uwe Rudek (Rudek@shh-hamburg.de)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 06:02:32 PST

...this issue SUCKS !

since weeks complaints and opinions are posted to this fine list.
Subscribers may remember that I invited all those who felt that the
issue needs attention to contact me and discuss it off list, with the
aim to find a common ground for a motion and intervention.

How many did respond ? T H R E E !

600 (valid) votes and 6000 members = 10 pct who bother !

I felt something had to be done and I was convinced it could only be
done succsessfully, if forces were joined. It is worthwhile to note that
those who screamed the loudest did not follow the invitation to form a
"task force"!

Democracy needs dedicated participants !

Now, several weeks later, I frustratedly join Steve Shaw and just r e l a x
and enjoy two brilliant publications at the bargin price of the MVPA
subscription...bugger the "political" complainers. and a questionable
BOD..

...and I hope I am able to enjoy the list without further postings on the
subject...

...unless those who complain get a grip and start working together in
earnest for the benefit of all, individuals, members or members-to-be
AND the Association !

The hard working BOD, whether one agrees with their decisions or not,
is doing more dedicated work for the MVPA then those who just post one
message after an other to this list and otherwise do not WORK for a better
Association.

Lars-Uwe Rudek
MVPA # 14836
MVT # 8119