Lead Hammers

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 18:57:25 PST

I've already thrown it out but in the thread about the stuck exhaust
manifold someone mentioned using a lead hammer and then said they are no
longer sold, some reference to the EPA. This is not true. While your local
disgrACE hardware or True Vaulueless hardware may not have them, they are
available from industrial sources. Surprisingly Snap-On has none. But I
looked in the new/latest MSC catalog and there are a number of them.
Several manufacturers and weights in lead, babbit, copper, brass, etc.

Personally I like copper hammers, they still have that soft-ness to them
that lead has yet they do not mushroom out as bad as lead does. But...
whatever floats your boat!

Later,

je