Re: [MV] Beginner

From: fv74@altavista.net
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 10:30:40 PST

Mark

Mechanically, the parts on both machines are interchangeable. A GPW will cost a little more and parts will be more expensive and harder to find. My MB has many GPW parts on it and a 46 CJ2A that I have been using as a parts vehicle has even more GPW parts. If I can find a MB part, I will use it, but I will not pass up a good deal just because a part has an F stamped on it. You should buy both volumes of All American Wonder. These books go into minute detail on the differences between MBs and GPWs. I am in this hobby to have fun, not to worry about having a precise restoration. By the way, I drove my MB to work today in 28 degree weather. This was supposed to be fun, I am not sure though.

Dave Fillman
45 MB