ID of marking on Dodge WC 51

From: Henrik Teller (Henrik_Teller@vip.cybercity.dk)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 12:34:25 PST

Hi list !

I have a question about markings on a Dodge WC 51 that a freind
of mine bought last year.

Facts are follwing:

Dodge WC 51 build 1943
chassis # 81726750

On the dash there´s a plate which reads:

"Rebuild by Daimler Benz Year of delivery 1949"

After WW II the car went to Norway and were appearrently stored
alle these years without being issued.

It went civvy in 1986.

When he got last year 2 of the tyres were original WW II.

Markings as follows:

Number on hood:
20240191 USA

Markings front and rear:

6 HMK DRM ("invasion-star") 1579-2

Can anyone "decode" the meaning of the markings at front and rear
and are the hood-number authentic ?

It might be a mix of american and norwegian marking but we don´t
know.

Can anybody enlighten us here ?

Mails can CC´ed to my buddy Thomas at:

m151a1@anderledes.dk