Ford Aust No4 1945 Trailer for sale (Australian MV owners note)

From: John Edwards (edwardsj@bigpond.com)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 02:04:36 PST

To all you Aussies out there & in particular those in Sydney, or near
environs, I have my "other" trailer for sale. As stated above it's an
Australian 1945 Pattern Ford No4 square guard trailer. It's the 8cwt, or 1/2
ton jeep trailer. ONLY 1600 of these were ever built by Ford Motors
Australia. So their numbers make them rare.

It is currently disassembled for storage, but can be assembled to tow it
away. What components of rust were there have been cut out. A prepared new
panel awaits to be put in.

The tray is in very good shape as is the body work for its age. It has the
original Ford solid brass data plate, and I have it's Aussie Army ID. It has
reasonable tyres on the standard, early wartime rims and comes with the
wopping big lunette & draw bar you'd expect with a No4. There are no
electrics - it didn't come with any.

As this Ford is substantially intact, all I want for this trailer is around
the $650 AUD mark. If you want it, but don't have the space at home yet,
don't worry, leave it disassembled with the body on its vertical carrier
(self made). I have stored this trailer for many years this way.

This trailer will be advertised next week in the Sydney press, so get in
before the masses do.

Thanks,

John