Next 230 engine disassembly question

From: Gil Huguley (Gil@huguley.com)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2000 - 22:22:05 PST

Ok, now I'm trying to get this thing down to where I can mount it on my engine stand.
I need to get the front fan drive pulley off so I can remove the front motor mount. TM 9 1840A (p. 50) shows the fan drive pulley being removed without removing the cranking jaw (the 1 5/8" nut with the horns on it for the hand crank). However, on my engine, there appears to be a big flat washer behind the nut, so it appears that the "cranking jaw" must come off before the fan drive pulley.

Question: Is the cranking jaw really 1 5/8"? I will borrow a 3/4" drive deep socket tomorrow and I need to know for sure what size I require.

Question: Is it truly right-hand thread?

Thanks in advance.

Gil