Unsafe Operation of Vehicle(old example)

From: Richard Tait (rtait@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 22:38:40 PST

Years ago, at a club event at Pismo Beach, CA, I witnessed a man giving
about six people rides on an M274 Mule (don't know what variant). The
"highlight" of this ride was jumping the loaded Mule over a small sand
dune. Then entire Mule would get airborne for a split second, with the
front end much higher than the rear, and then land harshly back on all
four wheels. Being a lad of about 13, I did not have the nerve to
approach this individual about this wild driving. I recall that someone
did get tossed off the Mule, but they were saved from injury by landing
in soft sand.

Fortunately, a responsible club member asked this driver to cut it out,
and to his credit, the driver did. I am not naming names, because many
of the people in this story are still around, if you get my drift, and a
lot of water has passed under the bridge since then.

Matt Tait
Fullerton, CA