Tanks for nothin! News from DC

From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 19:01:20 PST

You're gonna love this one... General Shinseki, Chief of Staff for the United
States Army, feels it is time to get rid of all tracked armor! Gen.
Shinseki is backed by the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of the Army.
 The tracked vehicles days are numbered if they have their way.

I can't honestly believe this will happen, not completely. I am no expert in
military hardware, but I would think there should always be a place for
tracks. Guys in the infantry are definately not pleased about the prospects
of losing tracks.

Gee, I think I'll start searching DRMO for a nice Abrams with low miles..
unless the plans are to convert them into beer cans or something. lol

Later,
Jack
Sunny Calif.