Re: [MV] Saving Private Ryan, Pt. 2?

From: The Jeep Dogs (jeepdogs@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 07:47:34 PST

> > >I read today that the sequel or prequel to private Ryan starts filming
>in April.

I am sure there will be many Military Vehicles in this movie. Jeeps, CCKWs,
etc. (now on to the show).

The movie I believe you are referring to is a 10-12 hour HBO mini-series
production entitled "BAND OF BROTHERS." It chronicles a company of airborne
soldiers (E Co. 506th PIR, 101st Airborne Divison) from training, through
D-Day, Holland, Battle of the Bulge, to the end of the war at Hitler's
Eagle's Nest in Berchesgarten. The basis for the movie is the book by the
same name by Stephen Ambrose. A book I highly recommend (along with D-Day
and Citizen Soldier) if you are interested in WWII US GIs.

It is a joint project involving both Steven Speilberg and Tom Hanks. Last
September while in Holland at Market-Garden +55 years, I spoke to some HBO
folks. They were shooting a documentary on the actual vets that will preceed
the movie by a couple of months. They filmed our jump into the Son/Best
area (DZ B--101st A/B) on Saturday 18 Sept for possible use in the
documentary and movie. You can see photos of our jump team at:
http://www.sirinet.net/~jimrice/mktphoto.html

I don't know many details right now, but should be hearing more soon. I
will keep you posted.

Jim Rice
MVPA 16814
'42 International M-3L-4 1-1/2 Ton Truck
'43 Ford GPW with trailer
'61 AMG Mity Mite
'67 Ford M151A1