Re: [MV] Tobyhanna - did I miss something?

From: Lisa (jeepcj8@home.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 12:13:18 PST

Jim, you are so right! I am looking forward to meeting you and others in Aberdeen!

> People like Brent Mullens, Terry Spencer, Peter Debella, Front Line (Jeff), Star
>
> Electric (Zero Davidson), Rick Larson, Adirondack Dodge, CAMO Inc.
> (Gunther), Army Jeep Parts(George Baxter), Vintage Wiring, Portrayal Press
> (Dennis Spence), MV Magazine (Dave), Brian Asbury, Daryl Bensinger and many
> others.

I got to meet Peter, Jeff, Zero and others in San Jose. It is nice to be able to
put a person with a company. When I buy from these guys, I will always remember
how nice and helpful the were to me in San Jose. There is a benefit to seeing the
parts before buying, and the free knowledge is, well, priceless.

> They come to this show not only to make a buck but to meet and
> talk to many of their customers face to face. You, the consumer, benefit
> by being able to see and touch the parts before buying them. I'm sure
> these guys also answered many questions about vehicles and gave a lot of
> good advice that you would never get from a catalog page.
>
> If you can't believe people drove long distances to buy stuff,
> consider how far some of these vendors came just to just to bring stuff for
> you to buy......
> Brent Mullens came from TEXAS
> Terry Spencer came from OKLAHOMA
> Brian Asbury came from TORONTO, CANADA
> Gunther from CAMO came from GERMANY
>

> Prices? Yeah, some stuff was priced so high that I thought someone might be
> on drugs.....but there were lots of bargains too. And a lot of rare items.

Try buying Mustang parts. Mil Veh stuff is inexpensive compared to other auto
restoration hobbies.Lisa