Re: [MV] Beltring Robbed again??

From: Mike (tankcity@globalnet.co.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 08:53:40 PST

It's not exactly a sequel but is a TV series of ten episodes with a sort of
D Day to Berlin theme. Last time it was a couple of Shermans - which will
be out this time as well - but I can't think of a single other vehicle which
would have added to the scene at Beltring. Unless that is you would have
been excited by some very ordinary Jeeps, GMCs and Dodges or some T34s made
up with biscuit tins to look like Tigers. None of these would go to
Beltring anyway since they were supplied by dealers specially for the film.
This time, there will be even more vehicles but all of the same background.
The only interesting ones I know of are two genuine Cromwells that we are
rebuilding for the British scenes. However, these wouldn't have been
rebuilt at all unless they were going on the film so be thankful that there
is the money to keep them in restoration. If they are not needed on the
picture at Beltring time, we will probably run one down there. Most of the
German kit is being rebuilt on other donor vehicles. Mike S @ RR Services.