M-37 Question of the Day: Dual Master Cylinders and Drum Brakes

From: William R. Benson (Benson@eqe.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 08:17:51 PST

Hello List:

I pulled some information off of the Big Electric forum:

It states that the best replacement for the origianl single res. M/C is a
1978-1981 Chevy C30 1 ton MC its carQuest part# is 20-1584 and it has a 1-5/16"
bore which is closer to the original bore size of 1-3/8".

And then I read this:
"Unfortunatly it is for 4 wheel disc so you may have to install residual
pressure check valves."

I went to my next door neighbor, and showed him the entire posting, and he
immediately identified the Master Cylinder, but when I showed him the part about
 the RPCVs, he went , "Huh?"

Would somebody care to include a part number for this valve system, or
assurances that I don't need them? And what about a proportioning valve for the
 rear brakes. Yes, no? Part number?

Halp!!!

Thanks,

Bill