Re: [MV] M-37 Question: Dual Master Cylinders and Drum Brakes

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 20:17:50 PST

>My M215 and M35 brakes work similarly. They don't need a chack valve since
>the distance the shoes retreat from the drum is limited by an adjustable
>stop.

I thought the reason for the residual check valve was to keep a small
pressure on the cups in the wheel cylinder to keep it from leaking. Some
cups had spring backings that eliminated the need for the residual pressure.
It's not just a check valve, it maintains a small (residual) pressure on
it's output, until it leaks down of course.

je