Navy MB

From: Scott Janz (puttnut@wctc.net)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 17:02:22 PST

Hello.

I just got a 1945 Willys MB US Navy Jeep that was
offered here a couple weeks ago. I am asking if anyone
has a similar Jeep from the USN.

I understood that the Jeeps were just normal OD green ones
on the assembly line, and were sent to USN bases and painted
the grey there. Is there any discussion on this? Then I
would have to restore it OD green and then paint it grey when
it is done to do it correctly.

Where can I go for a photo or two on this? Does the standard
Jeep books like 'All American Wonder' cover these? I will have to
pick up those books anyway, but was wondering about sources
for more info.

Scott