Re: [MV] T-245 Water Distribution Tube

From: JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 14:55:17 PST

It may look brandy new at the front, but that heavy scale you see in the
water passages has also anchored itself to the tube. You should use
"judicious" amounts of force, but before you do, see if you can get a bore
scope, or plumber's inspection scope, and see if there are any areas where
the tube is cracked completely through. This happened with a T245 we had
last year. It looked very beautiful, but was corroded beyond the pieces of
the 1943 steel penny wedged into the tube, about 2/3 the way down. John
Bizal had new water distribution tubes last time I checked.