Re; Navy gray Power Wagon

From: GrayLady52@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 21:52:19 PST

I saw a picture of your truck on someone's site
and it is beautiful. I wondered if it was truly ex-Navy but you have
answered that for me. I have seen pictures that I take to be factory by
the way they were staged of a 1950 Dodge pick-up and a 1950 Dodge panel
truck in Navy gray, as well as others so I have no doubt that some of
these were supplied from the factory in this color. Our ship's truck in
1968 was a Dodge in Navy gray and that was the only color it ever was.

Since your truck still has the data plates and there is gray paint I
would guess that it came in this color from Dodge. I guess the best way
to find out for sure is to go to an area that wouldn't show and see what
color if any is under the gray. Did your truck come with the fenders
black and body gray?

I have started a list of Navy mv's with the USN registration number if
it can be found. Since you have your data plate could you please send me
the info off of it for my files. I know that your registration number
should be 94 - xxxxx due to the vintage and tonnage of your truck. And
if you have the ability to send a picture of your truck via e-mail I
would love to have it. Since I doubt that I will ever find a true Navy
PW I guess I will end up some day doing a M37 in Navy gray. Thanks, Mike