Re: [MV] Roger S. Steffen Historical Militaria

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 19:11:57 PST

>This would not be the first time that one of the mail order militaria places
>did a bad thing.

And that is why I resist the temptation to bid on the likes of eBay. I
have a friend that has landed some great stuff, but he too has been
ripped off. He said that there are only two solid options...

1. Call their local PD and file a criminal complaint. I think, though I
am no lawyer or police offer, that if you file the compaint as THEFT
instead of FRAUD you might get somewhere faster, since the former is
pretty clear while the latter can be a bit fuzzy.

2. Go to the place of business yourself, prefereably with local law
enforcement officials, and demand the goods on the spot or your money
back.

In any case, go after the bastards. They will keep on doing this until
they figure out that the downside (i.e. criminal charges) isn't worth it.

Steve