RE: [MV] M422A1 (M-37) color

From: OConnor, Dennis (DOconnor@SIKORSKY.COM)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 13:02:21 PST

> The 595B itself goes on to say that 24087 is now changed to
> 24084 and 34087 is now changed to 34088 !!!!
> Ken

        Yep, it's now really 34088, but fear not, the color is perfect.
Technically the color is one shade greener but you need a computer analysis
to tell the difference (according to the paint shop here at Sikorsky
Aircraft where it's a popular color on flying MV's). We procurred a sample
of 34088 to try and it matches perfectly to the original OD behind the seat
in the WC12 which hadn't seen daylight since 1941. Definite difference, both
original and 34088, to the Aervoe WW2 OD which is much more khaki in shade.
34087 is still a valid color but is special order whereas the 34088 is a
regular item to the gov't paint suppliers.
        Tech tip from the painters of this really great stuff (CARC): Use
WD-40 (the stuff in the blue and yellow can) to remove scuffs/ light
scratches (handling marks) in the paint. I'll try it sometime and let you
know but it works here in the shop apparently.

Dennis O'Connor