Re: [MV] Windshields down

From: Paul Vandervort (pgv@imaxx.net)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 22:33:54 PST

        Here in the wonderful state of ILL, I was out & about in my M38 a couple
of years back, had the w/s down & noticed "the man" in back of me w/his "top on
fire". Made the turn & got it off the road. It is licensed w/reg pass veh plates,
not antique (too restrictive). "The man" said that on a pass licesenced veh's it
must have a windshield. I challenged him on it so I followed him to the station
(after I put the w/s up), & yep it was there in "the man's" laws book. I said the
w/s "was" there and it didn't state if it had to be up or down. He then decide to
threaten me with a ticket, so I backed off. I followed it up and found that on an
"antique" lic'd veh, it could be driven with the w/s down if it was manufactured
that way. Thus I have licensed my M38A1 as an antique so off I will go this summer
the badger "the man". Oh yeah, "the man" is employed by the Steger Ill PD, so be
on the lookout if your around there. I have talked to quite a few others (mostly
civ jeepers) and it really is up to who wants to hassle ya.

Paul Vandervort
mvpa 437