Windshields down in the UK

From: NIGEL HAY (Nigelhay@tanksrus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 23:55:45 PST

Despite living under an unpopular Labour Government it has now dawned on me
that the UK rules on windscreens are more advantageous than those of our
overseas readers.
If you have a vehicle with a windshield that can be lowered, the annual MoT
Test rules allow the testing of the wipers and squirters to be overlooked,
as the theory is perhaps that when its raining (we have a drought here fro
12 months of the year I am told) you will have the screen down. .....readers
may also be delighted to know that wheras Mrs Clinton is politely known as
the First Lady, Mrs Blair is in fact our 25th lady, No 1 being of course
Lizzie Windsor (aka our Queen) and the other 23 are all Mrs W's realtives.

More quaint English trivia available on request.
NIGE