Re: [MV] Windshields down

From: OKMTRPOOL@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 07:25:39 PST

I was stopped by a city policeman here in Oklahoma some years back for
driving my GPW with the windshield down. Upon researching the motor vehicle
codes, I discovered that the law dealing with the requirement for goggles or
other eye protection is prefaced by the line:"This law applies to motorcycles
and motorized bicycles", and the law concerning windshields only requires
that one have a windshield and that it should not be cracked so as to impede
the driver's vision. the judge said I was in violation of the "spirit " of
the law, but I walked. The chief of police in my own town said they would
never stop someone for having a windshield down.