From: Tom Norris (badger@telalink.net)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 16:28:23 PST

I was surprised there was not a discussion of this day, regardless of
the lack of MV content, I think it is worth mentioning that on this date
elements of the 28th Marines took the summit of Iwo Jima and planted
the US flag only 4 days after landing on the island.

There were over 24,000 Allied casualties, ( over 6000 dead ) 20,000
Japanese dead by the time the battle finally ended on 26 March.

Thanks to those whose served, those who still serve, and those who remember.

( and for the sake of the list, the MV's that helped them in the effort )

Tom