ADMIN: Status, and a reminder

From: Mil-Veh List Admin (postmaster@uller.skylee.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 18:53:13 PST

Mil-Veh list members:

I've been working on the new G4 server this weekend, and it
is close to being ready to take over from the old Power
Computing machine. However, I am still having trouble
configuring the new machine's IP addresses--as soon as I
solve that problem, I'll move the list and archive over to
it. I was hoping to do all the archives earlier this month,
but Apple has been very slow to ship MacOS X Server 1.2
upgrades. To keep things at least on an even keel, I've
updated the January and February archives. I'm anxious to
move to the new server so that I can re-do the entire
archive and index them all.

In the meantime, I appreciate your patience. In return,
please keep two things in mind:

1) Please keep your discussions ON-TOPIC. I've been
following the digests and you all seem to be keeping your
discussions about the private ownership of military
vehicles. As long as it remains so, I'll be very happy.

2) TRIM your followups. I don't like seeing four or five
levels of quotes, nor an entire previous post quoted in its
entirety. It does no one any good. Leave only a few words or
a couple of lines, just enough for others to know what you
are commenting about. And please, don't quote an entire
posting just to add a "Yeah" at the bottom.

Though there is more to it than that, it comes down to the
Golden Rule. Thanks for keeping the list a good source of
information, and I'll do my best to keep the mechanical side
of it running smoothly.

--Arthur
  ack@skylee.com