Confused in CA about M35 rules.

From: Henry (henrya@jps.net)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 20:22:49 PST

Hi all
Well, I'm confused. I registered my M35 after driving it here from Idaho
without a license or registration or a CDL. I just went into DMV with the
paperwork from Idaho that Alex gave me. It took the guy about 30 minutes to
figure out how to register it.
It is registered as an historic vehicle, which exempts it from weight fees,
and according to him, my need for a special license.
The license fees are only 60 bucks per year, no weight fees, no smog.
this allows me to insure it as a collector car, with limited driving,(
although not DMV or the insurance company actually said how much I could
drive it, just suggested less that 7500 miles per year.) Full coverage is
160 per year, with high limits.
I haven't even put the license plates on, just carry them with me, and no
one asks, yet.
Am I doing something wrong, just dumb luck, or what?
thanks,
Henry
Ps..... still looking for a fording kit and arctic rear, or pictures and
measurements, to make one for my M35A2.