Abandoned M37

From: D Paradise (deanparadise@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 23:28:37 PST

Hey list-

If you have followed my earlier posts you will know that I have discovered
an M-37 that has been sitting in a local contractors yard here in So Cal.
The vehicle apprears to be complete with no civilian modifications. I didn't
see any rust but it was very dirty.

In further discussions with the yard owner he is extremely anxious to get
rid of the vehicle since he is cleaning his "yard". He made it clear he
wants it out. The M-37 is owned by his nephew and the vehicle has been
sitting there for nearly 4 years. He has made numerous attempts to contact
his nephew, but he will not return his calls.

He wants it off his property and wants to contact the DMV and claim that it
is abandoned.

Has anyone had an experience with an abandoned vehicle? Does anyone know the
rules?

I plan on contacting the DMV, but if anyone has been through this I'd be
interested in hearing about it.

Dean
44GPW + (Well keep your fingers crossed)

PS You can see my jeep at www.homestead.com/deansjeeppage