Re: [MV] New Jersey Police

From: William von Zehle, Jr. (ChiefvonZehle@WiltonFire.org)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 14:57:49 PST

When I was a fire chief in Michigan and driving "back east" to visit family in
New York, I was pulled over by "New Jersey's finast". Got pulled over for having
a red light on the roof of my "out of state" vehicle. Now, one would think that
he might have noticed it was a municipally-owned marked staff car! (Actually, I
checked, and any vehicle that is legal in the state it is registered in can be
driven through any of the remaining 49 states.)

This was my only bad experience in NJ, so I can't knock all the PD personnel.
Just like any organization, some are better than others.

Bill von Zehle
MVPA 593
'53 M42 3/4 ton