HMMWV Time Delay Module quandry....

From: Brandon (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 17:59:42 PST

I have an '85 HMMWV (ex-Riverside Auto Auction) that has the following fan
Time Delay Module installed: Signals & Systems, Inc. P/N 5582766. I think
that this is the current issue Time Delay Module.

Well, actually, it's not completely installed. It is bolted in place, but
the four-way connector is incompatible with the one on my wiring harness
(that goes through the firewall). The two-way connector on the other end
however, connects to the fan control solenoid (the hydraulic valve) like it
should.

Another lister has an Aadco Circuits 19207-12338603 (NSN 5945-01-193-7175,
CAGE 3X823) on his '86, which has the same connector configuration as the
Signals & Systems manufactured unit.

And finally the question:

Is there an earlier model Time Delay Module that has a different connector
on it? I'm hesitant to make an adapter in case there is some kind of
electro-magical incompatibility between them (Pffft! How much is a new
harness?).

What's the part number?

Who has 'em?

How much?

(No, I don't want to install a flex-fan from a '72 Pacer...even if it would
fit, so please don't suggest it!)

Thanks,

Brandon