RE: [MV] Vehicle Display Security

From: Frank Robertson (tankdriv@gte.net)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 13:18:50 PST

This has come up before and I have commented before. If you've heard it
sorry. I have a M20 and a M5A1 Stuart. I carry a set of mobile home steps
and set them up next to the M20 where they can look in with out climbing on
it. Here in the Great US of A, if one person slips and falls the stupid
lawyers would be all over me and THEY would own the vehicles not me. I've
have had parents put 5 and 6 year olds on top of tank and let them climb
around. If they fall who do you think they will blame? Read some of the
stupid lawsuits out there that are WON ! One college student was mooning
some kids out the 2nd floor window fell out and sued, says there was no
warning not to do it. In Calf a man stole a 27" TV was going down the mans
steps tripped on a kids toy and sued. The JUDGE said he had to disassociate
himself from the crime benign committed on the negligence of the owner
leaving toys around. I let people walk around ,but not climb on them .
That's just asking for it.

             Frank Robertson
             Memphis, TN. USA
     "Miss Dixie" "Tha Thing"