Re: [MV] New Jersey Police, etc.

From: Jaime A Ponce de Leon (jaimepdl@elp.rr.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 13:21:58 PST

> When I was a fire chief ... I was pulled over by "New Jersey's finast". Got
>pulled over for having
> a red light on the roof of my "out of state" vehicle. Now, one would think
that
> he might have noticed it was a municipally-owned marked staff car!

Been there, done that... yesterday!
our medical team was doing a training in New Mexico, we had the M1009, with
"Texas Exempt" (goverment) plates and the big pickup with US Goverment
plates on it. I was driving the pickup, and had stopped for fuel, when our
pagers went off with a search back home in El Paso, Texas. We sent the M1009
ahead, no lights or siren, since we had still not gotten an official notice
of the search. Next thing i know, the guys radio back to me and tell me they
just gotten pulled over by a sheriff, even though they were doing the speed
limit... local sheriff decided that he didnt want some out-of-towners with
red and blue lights in his county. Keep in mind that they wernt even on.

I hit my own siren, and pulled in behind his car, which really got him
going. He was about to have me arrested when my partner told him to check
the liscense plates.

US Goverment
  J-14091